Saturday 25 February 2006

Lacrosse 5 and Murphy...

Soooooo.......I had the alarm clock set to try to catch an early morning pass (4:47 am local time) of Lacrosse 5 with the camera...

And I've seen Lacrosse 5 indeed, starting at a blazing mag. -1 descending below Corona Borealis...... Nice......!

Even have it on photograph indeed....no joke, I realy have.

BUT......

Yep, screwed it up indeed. So no measurements... * beats head on desk *

I slept through the first alarm of my alarm clock. Then was woken up by the repeat 8 minutes later. 8 vital minutes later, because now I had to hurry...

To make a short story long....was in a hurry....rushed outside onto the courtyard....set up tripod and installed camera, looked up to point it.....: saw a blazing -1 Lacrosse, already there....

Panic! Open that camera you fool!

* click *

Arrrghhhh, wrong camera setting!!! Shoot shoot shoot shoot!

Basically, I forgot to set the 10-second timer and pre-select infinity focus. I have a nice picture with a bright trail but as the timing calibration of the exposure start depends on the camera settings, it's worthless for astrometry.

There was a gnashing of teeth in the night that must have woken up many of the neighbours.....

No comments: